Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Give Thanks with a Grateful Heart


We had a GREAT worship service and fellowship meal this past Sunday. Monte preached on Psalm 100 - taking a short break from the book of John. One of the points of application in his sermon was that if we have a thankful heart, then we will voice that thanks. He shared a couple of things that he was thankful, and then invited the congregation to participate. Anyone that knows our church, knows that we are not quick to volunteer for anything - especially sharing in public speech. But this particular Lord's Day was amazing. People began popping up all around the room to share in giving thanks to our Great God! What a blessing that it was to hear our church family giving thanks!


I am so thankful for a husband that loves the Lord and loves me. We share in God's heart for adoption and so much more - for the unity God has created in us I am very thankful. I anxiously await the day that we can share in giving thanks to our Heavenly Father for bringing Abigail home to us. We have already been blessed beyond measure...with the love Jesus showed in His life, death, and resurrection. How grateful I am that He never gives up on me, He continues to teach me and offer me new beginnings! Can't wait to share all of these things with the children God gives us.


Thanksgiving is Here! We both LOVE Thanksgiving. We can't wait to see our family in Arkansas - and of course, to eat lots of yummy food! I'm also looking forward to listening to the above Thanksgiving book on our road trip...check it out...it's a great way to remember and celebrate this wonderful holiday. Don't forget to voice what you are thankful for...make that grateful heart of your's known and give praise to the Giver of all good gifts. What are you thankful for?

1 comment:

Jill said...

I hate that I didn't get to see you guys at Thanksgiving. Maybe at Christmas. :)