Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
It's amazing to realize all that Abigail has already brought to our lives - how the Father has worked so much in our hearts and minds in so many different areas all through her. We look forward to the day that we can finally see and hold her. As we wait, we find great peace and calm assurance in knowing:
The king's heart is in the hand of the LORD;
he directs it like a watercourse wherever he pleases.
How great it is to know that all things are in the hand of the LORD - even governments at home and abroad. We wait on Him alone to act on the behalf of children and families that long to be united.
So, how can you PRAY for us? Here are few things we pray for:
- The safety and provision for Abigail and her birth family
- For God to change the hearts of those in charge of adoption in China - that children would not have to grow up in orphanages when families wait to bring them home
- The Lord has graciously provided for us throughout this journey - and as it extends with more expense we humbly ask Him to continue that provision
- That we will know Abigail when we see her in a referral
- That the Father would bring us together with Abigail this year
Thanks for joining us on this journey. We are very grateful for your interest and prayers.