Saturday, November 15, 2008

8 Things...

So, Jill shared this tag and I liked it - so here goes(by the way, these are Missy's choices, although Monte does share in many of them!) :

8 TV Shows I Love to Watch:
1. Lost (Looking forward to it's return and getting some answers...would love to have a watch party for the season opener)
2. Psych (the 80s and 90s references are great fun)
3. Burn Notice
4. Jon & Kate Plus 8
5. 17 Kids and Counting
6. Heroes
7. America's Test Kitchen (all-time fave cooking show)
8. PTI (had trouble thinking of 8, so I let Monte pick one all his own - definitely all his own)

8 Favorite Restuarants:
1. Panera Bread
2. Yen Jing (the BEST Chinese ever - and it's local)
3. Pappadeaux's
4. Macaroni Grill
5. TaMolly's
6. Carraba's
7. Carino's
8. UNO's

8 Things That Happened Today:
1. Made some homemade blueberry buttermilk pancakes for breakfast
2. Went to visit some MIA church members
3. Went on a lunch date to the Dairy Queen
4. Went shopping for Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes
5. Picked up some last minutes groceries
6. Watched Facing the Giants with our church
7. Completed most of the cooking for tomorrow
8. Sadly, I left the kitchen a mess!

8 Things I Look Forward To:
1. The Lord's Day...getting to worship together tomorrow!
2. Tomorrow's fellowship meal - we've started having lunch every week
3. Whatever Monte will teach and preach next
4. Discipleship with my"lil sisters"-fellow daughters of the King
5. Going to Costco this week
6. Thanksgiving
7. Finishing When Joy Came to Stay by Karen Kingsbury
8. Christmas

8 Things On My Wish List(it just so happens that I keep a running list on our computer...sorry if that's a little weird):
1. Digital Piano - I want to start taking lessons again and this would definitely be helpful - can't wait until I have enough saved up for it!
2. "God's Design for Women" - a message series from Alistair Begg
3. To Kill a Mockingbird on dvd
4. A Potato Bin - we desperately need one!
5. Eat It - it's a board game I found on a toy store website last year...it looked fun!
6. Some of those pie crust cutters like Jill has...they look Awesome!
7. Pajamas...for some reason I always love a new set of pjs!
8. The Ever Loving Truth by Voddie Baucham

3 comments:

Jill said...

Love your list! :)

Ordered that book from Amazon yesterday...looking forward to reading it.

Do you know if guys are coming to the Weaver Thanksgiving or Christmas?

Elaina Weaver said...

I'm jealous. A date to the Dairy Queen! Now that is my kind of date. I miss living in Batesville just becaues of the DQ. :)

Jill said...

Yes, Jimmy Stewart is so young in that movie! You will love it.

This is our year to be at the Weaver Thanksgiving (we alternate between Alex's fam & my fam each year), so we will see you guys then! Haven't heard news on Christmas yet either...I'm thinking I might volunteer to head it up and get us a larger place to meet. If I'm not able to this year, I'm going to ask if I can help next year. That place we meet is TOO SMALL, wouldn't you agree?