Tuesday, March 10, 2009

8 Years Ago...

It was a beautiful Saturday on March 10, 2001 at 2 p.m. in the afternoon that we said "I do." My how the time has flown! We celebrate 8 wonderful years this month, and ask the Lord for many more together. I love looking back at our wedding pictures...remembering that day and all of the faces of loved ones that shared the memory with us. I thought I'd share a few of my faves to remember that day.

A precious member from my home church took this picture and a few others. It was such a thoughtful gesture for her to make sure that she gave us copies...thank you Jo!


One of my uncles took this picture...I love black and white photos!

This is probably at the top of my list of favorites. It reminds me of those fairy tale endings. Jeremy & Christy did such a fantastic job with every shot that was taken...thank you guys so much - it means even more that our memories were captured by friends!


A wedding is just one day - a special day to be remembered - but it's the days, weeks, months, and years that follow that make a marriage. I guess I say that because there is so much focus on the preparation of a wedding day and so little on preparing for that marriage relationship. I am so thankful for all that God has taught me through my husband and being married. I pray that this journey continues to make me a humble and selfless follower of the Lord Jesus. I love you Monte and I thank the Lord for our sacred covenant relationship.
Well, that's probably enough sappy sentimental stuff until next year!

2 comments:

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh my goodness Missy! Happy Anniversary and oh I am so excited about your adoption. We are truly family! I will have to go backwards and read your blog and check out all of your story.

Thank you thank you thank you for committing to praying for us!

The Byrd's Nest said...

By the way Missy....is there any way we could meet with you guys and get your church some prayer cards and you guys possibly "adopt" us as a missionary family? Just pray about it and let us know;)